Have you done a few laps on the DevOps infinity loop?
Are you capable of adding CI/CD in our software development practices?
Are you keen to have everyone in the project to work together towards a common goal to shorten software cycle times?
Intopalo Digital is looking for a true hands-on DevOps Engineer to join our customer projects. This is a permanent, full-time job. Your overarching mission is to improve the delivery of work from development to operations. You’ll continuously improve the delivery to customers, enabling QA as a critical element in the project culture.
You are a person capable of discovering simple ways to solve complex problems. You are intimately familiar with the DevOps and have strong motivation to define and drive forward the change in the culture and processes.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
You will be a passionate DevOps engineer with the lean flow mindset constructing and managing continuous deployment and integration pipelines to accelerate the development and operations of our customer projects. You will be making the feedback loops tight and also help in it by creating automated test suites for our applications and projects.
You will join our talented team of passionate people who act fast, take the initiative, and express ideas but also listen to colleagues and customers - just like yourself!
IS THIS JOB AND ORGANIZATION FOR ME?
The cornerstones of our culture at Intopalo Digital are trust, psychological safety, and individuals’ growth to their full potential. Our flat organizational structure means that self-management and leadership skills, as well as self-knowledge, reflection, and communication skills, are a must. You’ll get freedom and responsibility, and it’s not always a walk in the park. We believe the cultural fit is crucial - you can’t be productive and happy in your work sustainably without it. This blog post might give you some insight into the matter.
We offer you a modern workplace with self-organizing teams and virtually non-existent hierarchy - an environment where DevOps really thrives. We also put a lot of weight behind growing as professionals. Everyone is encouraged to learn by taking on projects they are interested in and sharing insights from projects with each other.
This is a job for you if you:
- Like working with DevOps
- Get excited about challenges
- Seek a place where to grow, learn and develop your skills and abilities
- Like team-work in addition to immersing in the coding flow
This probably won’t be your cup of tea if you:
- Prefer stability and long projects
- Want strict guidance in your work
- Don’t want to make decisions based on partial information
- Don’t want to work with customers or different teams
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Preferably 1-3 years of work experience in development and operations teams embracing and fostering Agile and DevOps practices
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and solve complex multi-system problem scenarios
- Ability to fit DevOps into perspective holistically and explaining the costs and benefits for the customer
- Ability to be responsible for deliveries with great significance in customer projects, debug and solve problems in a timely manner with prompt communication
- Knowledge of modern architectures and software development practices such as CI/CD, cloud technologies, web application and microservice architectures in general, virtualization and containerization, and test automation
- Understanding of computer networking
- Demonstrable experience in programming and scripting
- Demonstrable experience on setting up most relevant CI/CD tools and solutions
READY TO ROLL?
Let us get to know you by telling us about your skills in frameworks & technologies you’ve worked with.
We’re here to help you grow as a professional. So please share your future desires and motivation factors with us, and let’s see if we can match it!
If you have any questions about this job or Intopalo Digital as an employer, Pertti Yppärilä will be happy to tell you more at +358 45 2386877.
Apply by the 30th of April 2020 at 23.59. We’ll start interviewing candidates during the application period and fill the position as soon as we find the right new colleague.
This position is based in Tampere. The recruitment process includes two to three rounds of interviews and a demonstration of skills. Note that a security clearance check by the Finnish Security Intelligence Service will be conducted for successful applicants.